I’ve received various book stuff questions, so I figured a drive-by list here would probably answer several at one time.
Also, sometimes folks apologize to me for asking questions. Please don’t apologize. I’m more than happy to answer your questions about my books. It means you’re interested in them, which is an awesome thing.
So here’s a quick rundown:
*EIDOLON is now available on Amazon and Smashwords, however, I’ve delayed posting links here because there is a problem with the CSS code on the chapter headers that’s causing some devices to not see them. The file has since been corrected and reloaded; however, it takes Amazon several hours to post the updated file, so at the moment, it’s the problematic file with the problem. It may very well be that if you download, your file will look fine with no problems. That’s been the case with most folks. However, if you give it a few more hours before downloading, it should be fixed across the board.
* EIDOLON will be available in print format. I publish that format through Amazon’s Createspace. Once the file is uploaded, CS is pretty quick to make it available directly on their site. It takes about a week after that to sync up with Amazon itself so that the print format appears as an order option alongside the ebook format. So if you’d like to order the print version, you can go to Createspace to get it sooner or just wait a few days and order from Amazon itself.
* A few people have asked how they can get a print book shipped to them in countries like Portugal and S. Africa. I don’t know what restrictions, shipping requirements or prices are set in place by Amazon, but if you go out to their site and type in International Shipping in the Search section, it will take you to the page that lists instructions and informations for ordering, global shipping, policies, and pickup points.
* EIDOLON will be available in audio format. However, summer will be the earliest it will be ready. Formatting a book for audio format is labor-intensive and requires a lot of hours. Much, much more involved than setup for either digital or print format. Gabrielle Baker, my narrator for RADIANCE, will also narrate EIDOLON. In fact, I’m hoping I can shackle her to me to narrate all the Wraith Kings books.
* EIDOLON is the second book in the Wraith Kings series and the direct sequel to RADIANCE. There will be 6 books total in the Wraith Kings series. WK Book #3 is titled THE IPPOS KING and will go out in 2017. While Brishen and Ildiko will make appearances in the books in the series, they’ll be relegated to secondaries after EIDOLON. Book #3 focuses on Serovek and Anhuset.
* I’ve started preliminary work on the next project tentatively set for release in late May or June. This is a duology I’m in with Jeffe Kennedy, titled FOR CROWN AND KINGDOM. I’ll talk more about this once I’m a little further along with it.
* Someone asked me if I planned to formally publish CROW AWAKENED – the outtake from THE BRUSH OF BLACK WINGS. Answer: Yes. I’ll combine it with the short story STRONG BLOOD and an outtake I have planned as yet untitled but focuses on Brishen and Ildiko. That will be one of my summer projects.
* I’m coordinating and participating in an anthology scheduled for release October 1st called TEETH, LONG AND SHARP. Five authors (including yours truly here) are contributing stories based on the title’s theme. More detail on that later.
* MASTER OF CROWS is still scheduled to be produced in audio format. My narrator for that book is Jay Britton who’s currently having a pretty awesome sound studio built in his backyard. Once he gets that set up, work will commence on the book.
* If you like the cover art on my books and would be interested in ordering it as a print, on a mug, t-shirt or tote, please visit Society6. Both Louisa and Isis have accounts there with their illustrations available on various items. All proceeds go to Society6 and the artist. Isis’s account can be found under Helheimen Design. For some reason the Search option in Society6 won’t recognize Louisa’s name, though it’s how the account is set up. Just type in The Brush of Black Wings. You’ll see the print come up. Click on that to get to her account.
I think that’s it for the agenda. However, if you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.