Quick note to folks.
After 3 delays on release date, I was too eager to release EIDOLON once I put in the revisions sent by my editors. Thanks to some weird CSS code I couldn’t see in my Word document, TOC and chapter headers weren’t appearing on some devices. My formatter and fellow author, RJ Blain, came to the rescue and fixed the code gremlins. I reloaded the file to Amazon, and we were good to go.
Or so I thought.
Despite 3 pairs of eyes looking at the manuscript multiple times, there were still errors such as missing beginning or end quotes, missing words or words that were replaced with other words but not deleted out of the manuscript.
Those errors? Those are all on me. My editors catch tons of stuff and request changes. Unfortunately, I sometimes introduce new errors into my revised versions or take out the mistakes my editor marked.
This time I made a bad judgment call. I chose to proof everything myself and upload instead of turning it over to a proofreader beforehand. I obviously don’t have the eagle eye I thought I did. That, and I’ve been badly distracted by events at home (injured spouse with decreased mobility and a father diagnosed first with Alzheimers and then a brain tumor). Those aren’t excuses for loading a file that still had problems, and I’ve learned my lesson with this book. This is just to say mea culpa, and I promise to do all in my power to make sure this kind of thing doesn’t happen again.
The file has been proofed by my proofreader and corrected by me and will be uploaded to Amazon and Smashwords tonight. Amazon usually takes about 24 hours to update. Smashwords is more immediate, but I’m not sure how long it takes for the third party retailers (like iTunes, Kobo and B&N) to update theirs.
ETA (5/3/2016) – Received notification from both Amazon and Smashwords that the corrected file has now been updated to their system. If you wish to update your copy on your device, it’s ready to go.
Thanks for your support!